Seriously, I've been really craving popsicles -maybe its because summer is finally here! This recipe is the result of two things: 1.) the fact that I just really wanted FRESH popsicles and 2.) experimenting with a few ingredients I already had in the kitchen. These turned out so delicious it would only be a disservice to you if I didn't share the recipe. The combination between the tart raspberries and hibiscus with the sweet vanilla coconut milk is a perfect culinary combination. I used a touch of agave to bring out the sweetness of the berries, but only a touch because we know how bad excess sugar is for our bodies!
These delicious beauties will be quickly gobbled up in my house! Have a wonderful weekend my soulmates!
If you have no idea how to work a vanilla bean, check out this great article on getting the seeds out of the pod.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic raspberries ( fresh or frozen)
- 1 oz. dried Hibiscus flowers
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
1. Combine coconut milk, vanilla extract, and seeds from vanilla bean in bowl.
2. Pour coconut mixture into popsicles mold, filling 3/4 of the way.
3. Drop in 3-5 raspberries in each mold or until the molds are full. Sprinkle the bottom of the popsicles with dried hibiscus.
4. Pop into freezer and freeze 4 hours.
YIELD: 6 popsicles